Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthday

Another birthday has been had. This was a surprise to me. The pain, aching, hospitalizations, fatigue, dizziness of the past several weeks has made that rather questionable -- or at least the enjoyability of another birthday. But this makes 31! Not exactly a milestone to most. Not a desirable age to most. Generally, just not something to write about. Well, I am writing about it, because for me, it's significant, as you all see.

I gather I had over 30 people at the homestead during Saturday evening. Thank you to everyone who came, even when you did wear me out to the point that I'd rather have been in bed. I really enjoyed your company, thought, and chocolate. Just so you know, I have enough chocolate to last a lifetime while still opening a little streetside market. I love it all and will certainly try it. Does anyone have any favorite hats? Thank you all for your true care and love.

Sunday is an energizing day. Today I got some sitting in the sun, reading some great books, and hearing some intense sermons making the gospel much more meaningful to the suffering body. The gospel is so much sweeter in suffering as perhaps you've experienced.

3 comments:

  1. I hear the cake was a hit. Chocolate was the correct choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturally, Steve, it was marvelous. Mocha is right on! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Adam! We (at Westminster RP) intended to put a call out to you on Saturday. But with all the business of the RP Youth work team that came here, somehow we never got that call out to you. We are sorry about that, but pray that you had a good birthday. And we continue to pray that the Lord will watch over you and care for you in this coming year with the assurance of His love and faithfulness. We do not understand why he has called you to walk down this path of illness, yet we trust in His almighty wisdom and care. Birthday blessings and prayers, Mary and Steve.

    ReplyDelete